Monday, December 30, 2013

Questions Pertaining to Me and My Characters



Now to answer the last of this month's questions before venturing into the new year. 





Ben Z said...
If you could be any one of your characters, who would you be?

What character of yours would you most like to be able to meet in real life?



Until you asked this, Ben, I'd never given it any thought. I try to make my characters appealing in some way, and of course all of them are really me, or some aspect of myself, but that's not really what you're asking. So, I've given this question some thought. 

I'm guessing most people would expect me to pick David Kim. Immortality with a perfect memory have their appeal, and David's a nice enough and really smart guy, but the rest of his life is a bit of a mess and, knowing what is planned for him, only gets messier. So, I think I'll pass. There's also something about the idea of never getting old while everyone you know ages and dies around you -- forever, that does not hold any real appeal. 




I'd have to say that out of all my characters the one I'd probably most want to be would be Julia Kadmon, but then I'd probably rather be married to Julia Kadmon, which means I'd have to pick Adam Kadmon. He's good looking, never has to worry about money, lives in a great house, is a master magician and paranormal investigator in a world where that stuff is real, and has an amazing wife, so I'd pick being him (even though Julia is much cooler than he is). 



As far as which of my characters I'd want to meet, it would, again, probably be the Kadmon's because of all the stories they'd have to tell about what they've done. It would also be a tad safer than meeting Magellan.


I would want to meet him though because meeting a genuine monster would be really cool, and the world would be a more interesting place with them in it.



No comments: