Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen


When Brian Cronin asked me to contribute a list to his book Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent?, I had a tough time choosing between two topics so I sent him both. My list of the best characters from Grant Morrison's run of Doom Patrol appears in the book. My other list, which was cut due to space limitations, appears complete at CBR.

This is my list of my favorite covers from Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen with my commentary on why I think they're so great. If you're wondering why the list contains a description of the artwork shown, which probably seems redundant, it's because at the time I submitted the list I did not know if Brain would be able to reprint the actual covers to the comics in his book.

Why Does Batman Carry Shark Repellent? makes great reading as does Brian's previous book, Was Superman a Spy?


For more Jimmy Olsen covers go here.



No comments: