Saturday, July 16, 2011

Haunted Mansion Tribute Show Virtual Tour



As anyone who has been following this blog in recent weeks is probably aware, last month I took part in the 2nd Annual Haunted Mansion Tribute show, which ran from June 4th through July 3rd, 2011, at the Parlour Gallery at Halloween Town in Burbank, California.

I was unable to attend, but my friend, the talented Dave Lowe did and took a bunch of photos on my behalf, which I now share with you. Not only did it reveal to me that there was some great work in that show, but that Halloween Town has some great atmosphere as can be seen in the photo above which shows the Parlour Gallery leading into the exhibit space proper. It also led to another mystery which remains unsolved.



Above: Another view of the Parlour Gallery with the Haunted Mansion show seen in the gallery in the next room.



Above: Two views of the Haunted Mansion tribute show. It is very nicely presented. My piece can be seen on the back wall in the second photo.


Above: Two pieces by Zombienose, a piece by Matthew Hideousboi, and my piece.


Above: Matthew Hideousboi's fantastic Caretaker bust with my collage of the singing busts above it.



Above: "The Singing Busts" that I made with cut paper. I had also submitted a dyptich to the show, but because of space limitations, was not included. It's now on display, and for sale, at Halloween Town.


Above: Another look at Matthew Hideousboi's "The Caretaker" sculpt




Above: Three views of Zombienose's two sculptures, "The Quartet" and "Liberoachi". These were my favorite pieces in the show. I was honored to share a wall with such great work.


Above: "Death of Animation" by The Creep


Above: "A Swinging Waltz" by Dan Szczepanski


Above: Three by Eric Pigors


Above: "As Long As We Both Shall Live" by Queenie


Above: "The Gorgon" and Mr. Grins by William Basso


Above: "Hatbox" by Darren Frydendall, 2 creations by Curioddities and "The Real Hitchhikers of Annaheim" by Frank Dietz


Above: "Hitchhiking Ghost" by Dienzo



Above: A pair of paintings by Bob Lizarraga






Above: Two by Abigail Larson


Above: Three by Noah K


Above: "Supernatural Structures & Erie Engineering" by Richard Terpstra


Above: "From Regions Beyond" by Dan Szczepanski


A video as well as a virtual gallery of all the works that here included at the show can be seen at the Parlour Gallery Website.

Thank you, Dave Lowe!

2 comments:

Belle Dee said...

Wow, how wonderful! I would have loved to have been there. Thanks to Dave for taking these, and thank you John for sharing them here!

John Rozum said...

Absolutely. Dave really went all out.