Sunday, March 02, 2008

Random Objects In My office





Before "Star Wars" exploded on the pop culture landscape, "Planet of the Apes" was the science fiction franchise that people went ape over. I was no exception. I have many examples of "Planet of the Apes" merchandising in my posession, including the figurines shown here, which saw heavy play.

I can't tell you much about them, except that I'm pretty certain they were meant as a tie in to the "Return to the Planet of the Apes" cartoon series, or possibly the final Apes movie, "Battle for the Planet of the Apes." These four figures came packaged with a batch of generic green plastic army men, horses for the ape soldiers to ride on, and a jeep with human soldier driver (which I think is still floating around in a big bucket of plastic soldiers I passed on to my son).

No comments: