Friday, October 26, 2007

31 Days of Halloween - Day 26




Here are two of my favorite pieces of Frankenstein artwork. The first, the box to the Aurora glow in the dark model that I bought as a kid (or I should say my parents bought me), with gorgeous artwork by James Bama. I was one of those kids who kept all the boxes to my toys. I'm glad I did. There are some things that didn't survive, and some things that were thrown out, but that's another story for another time.

The second picture is one my son Dash made as a surprise for me a couple of weeks ago. On a huge piece of posterboard he magic markered this rendering of the Frankenstein Monster swinging poor Inspector Krogh's arm in "Ghost of Frankenstein." I don't know if I'm more touched by the gesture, the artwork, or the fact that my son remembered this scene and the monster's hair vest at least a year after he saw the movie. It makes a father proud to know that his child is retaining all of the inportant things he learns.

1 comment:

Stephen said...

Darn right you ought to be proud. Kids remember details like that, and I have no idea how. Nice work on that, Dash! (He'll be posting that on his own blog in about 30 years, I'm guessing)