Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fun For You




I just noticed that 3 out of the past 7 posts were obituaries. Not to diminish the passing of any of the individuals mentioned (which was done because they are all significant to me) I thought it might be time to offer up some fun distractions.

Digital Funnies beautifully archives early forgotten comic strips.

Omni Monster features gorgeously photographed images of beautiful Japanese vinyl kaiju which I wish I possessed, such as Ikarus from "Ultra 7" shown above.

Steven Hill has amassed a tremendous collection of screenshots of movie title screens.

An evolving look at how all of the Disney theme parks have changed over the years can be seen through the collection of park maps found at mousemaps.

Finally, Todd Kauffman finds worthy inspiration in H.R. Pufnstuf and creates beautiful art celebrating this wonderful tv show.

No comments: