Tuesday, October 03, 2006

31 Days of Halloween - Day 3



In my book, nothing beats the look of Halloween decorations of the early half of the 20th Century. Thank goodness that many manufacturers have cropped up in recent years who look to this era for inspiration. The cop of cutesy-styled decorations, and 80s slasher movie props that dominated the market (and can still be found in abundance) had me despairing of ever finding anything new to add to my collection.

For more information on vintage Halloween collectibles check out this .

2 comments:

Todd Franklin said...

I love the mischievous look of the early 1900's veggie people, but my favorite design/look for Halloween is probably from about 1955 to 1975. I'm enjoying your countdown!

John Rozum said...

I like those too, since those were the ones I grew up with. Sadly, my movie threw out pretty much all the halloween stuff we had when I was a kid (despite my asking her to save it for me). There was something though that was just too jolly about it all. One of these days I'll get around to collecting some of the stuff from this era again.

Those veggie people are great though. I have lots of pumpking headed people in my collection. The fabrics, patterns, and color choices ranged outside of the simply black and ornage, yet still screamed Halloween, just as now green, white, and especially purple and grey have been added to the Halloween pallette.